Full wrist fusion

Options
Metalplate
Metalplate Member Posts: 4
I’m trying to reach out to my Dr. Annmarie Plate who did my wrist fusion on 9-11. Because she said I would get claw fingers in 10 or 15 years. My index finger started about two years ago and now the thum and a 3rd one. They stay closed. I can snap them open with pain but they just close again. I can’t find the Dr. who did the fusion. Are my fingers closing due to the full fusion or is it snap fingers due to age? 61

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,497
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Metalplate

Thank you for your enquiry to Helplines. I am not sure if you've come to quite the right place with your enquiry. We don't have any medical trained staff on the Helpline, and don't have direct contact with orthopaedic surgeons, working or retired. Are you in the UK? We may not be able to assist very much if you are elsewhere as sytems are different.

I wonder if you need to see a fresh surgeon and see what their opinion is of the problems they see on examination?

If you want to have input from other people with arthritis, you might try posting on the Living with arthritis forum instead.

Here's a link to our information on Hand & wrist surgery: https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/shop/products/publications/patient-information/surgery/hand-and-wrist-surgery.aspx

Kind regards
    Guy
    Helpline team