Diagnosis today

mso
mso Member Posts: 2
edited 21. Sep 2018, 10:01 in Say Hello Archive
Hello, after a few months of aches and then spotting the inevitable lump I got my hands looked at today by the Dr. Square based thumbs that i've never noticed seem to confirm things. I'm suffering with elbow pain which is actually worse but that has been put done to tennis elbow, I'm not so sure. As for treatment, as hard as I tried I couldn't get the Dr to suggest fishing was a good thing for my digits.
I'm 49 tomorrow and not quite sure what to make of my new companion.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi mso Welcome to the forum sorry to hear you are in a lot of pain at the moment, there are lots of friendly and sympathetic people who will understand what you are going through and they all have Arthritis of some kind.
    There are a few forums the most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat.
    All the best as you look around the forums.
    Christine
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    mso I am sure fishing is very good for Arthritis!!! :lol:

It's very good to go any activity, seriously which makes us feel better.

Is it Osteoarthritis the Dr diagnosed?

Have a read around the forum you'll find loads of information out on here.

Take care

Toni
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    As for treatment, as hard as I tried I couldn't get the Dr to suggest fishing was a good thing for my digits.
    I'm 49 tomorrow and not quite sure what to make of my new companion.
    Hello and welcome. A sense of humour will take you a long way with this new experience, and referring to arthritis as 'companion' rather than 'enemy' is also a good approach; you won't be able to walk away from it though so at times it might seem more like that tiresome member of the family you can't avoid! With luck though you might be able to keep meetings to a minimum.....
    Have you looked online to see what adapted kit is available for fishing - you won't be the only one who is digitally challenged and has problems holding the rod.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello mso and welcome to the forum
    did your GP not have a sense of humour.. :lol: I know they do injections for tennis elbow so you could ask to be referred..then you can get back to fishing.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have OA in my wrists and psoriatic arthritis in my fingers (and other affected joints too, I wish it were that limited!) I use tablet pain relief , after twenty odd years of it all I'm used to it. I am sorry you have joined the creaky gang, you're in good company :wink: DD.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben