MTX blood booklet

Options
Maturecheese
Maturecheese Member Posts: 130
edited 5. Oct 2018, 02:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
I went for my bloods check today and I was told that they no longer fill in the MTX booklet with your previous blood results. Is it just my local Hospital or is it nationwide? I'm a bit miffed about this as now I have to rely on the medical staff and have no idea how I'm actually doing. Also does anybody else on here get tested for CRP levels when they have routine bloods as I don't? I'm also a bit confused about that as surely inflammation levels are the very thing they use to see if the drugs are working?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I haven't had a booklet for years now, initially I was concerned but now I'm not bothered. I know that when my hospital contact me to take immediate action because they ring: when the GP sends me a letter three weeks after they have the results I repeat the test at my leisure. I am routinely tested for CRP, ESR, ALT, U & E, LFT and FBC. This has always been the case.

Your steep learning curve ain't flattening out yet, is it MC? :| Every case is different, rheumatologists have their own views and ways, I often think there should be a protocol but that may not cover the individual aspect of our diseases. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Maturecheese
    Maturecheese Member Posts: 130
    Options
    You're right there about the learning curve DD, no doubt a lot more to come. As I have said before on here I have to make a decision soon, next month I believe as to whether I want to start on a TNF, so that'll be another hurdle. I do get fed up that the medical profession seem to take the 'we know best' attitude and keep us in the dark. As it's my body that's affected I feel that I should be privy to all and any info.

The thing that really annoys me about all this is 2 years ago I was in good fettle and convinced I was never going to be an unfit and out of shape 50 - 60 year old so long as I kept working out and now that is exactly what I am becoming.

Self pity over (for now) :)
  • Kazziwaz
    Kazziwaz Member Posts: 32
    Options
    I haven't had my book filled out for years. The nurses usually get in touch with me if there's a problem.

@maturecheese I have been on the TNF drug Cimzia for 3 years and it has been great for me