Injection Site Reaction.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 15. Oct 2018, 12:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
I received my new batch of meth injections three weeks ago and have injected two. Both have led to site reactions, a nicely rounded red but small itchy lump close to the puncture, which is sorted by a couple of Piriton. It's been years since this last happened, I am not unduly bothered but wondered if anyone else in here is experiencing a similar issue with their meth. I am wondering if something in the mix has been altered (obviously I have no way of knowing) and if it happens again next week I will let my Helpline know. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi DD, I don’t have this issue with MTX but I was occasionally getting random site reactions with humira. I was advised to take an antihistamine the day before, the day of the injection and the day after. Also, not sure where you inject but some people benefit from rotating sites using both thighs and both sides of the stomach. I hope it’s just a blip for you.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello Starburst, it's lovely to hear from you and thank you for replying. I take meth and humira, I inject the former into my thighs (alternating sides) and the latter into my stomach (alternating again). I haven't had an issue for years but that has nothing to do with things does it? :lol: Hopefully next week's will be OK, I am due to humira on Tuesday and meth on Saturday so we will see.

I hope all is well well as possible with you. DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Sorry I can't help with this, DD. Well, actually, I'm rather glad to live in blissful ignorance of self-injecting. I hope that it's a blip but I'm sure you'll cope whatever is causing it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Dragonfly17
    Dragonfly17 Member Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi DD
    I got my new batch of mtx in August and I had a similar thing, not only did I have a red lump but the needle moved down very slowly and some of the medication remained in the tube. I rang the rheumy nurse and she thought it was just an odd one. But all the pens have left me stinging for up to half an hour after injecting and this has not happened before. To be honest I wondered if I had got an old batch or if they had not been stored correctly at the hospital during our very hot summer.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    This week's injection has gone without a hitch or an itch. DD
  • Dragonfly17
    Dragonfly17 Member Posts: 47
    Options
    Happy that you had no problems this week DD. I have not had mine this week cos I have infection so will have to wait and see what my next one is like.