Hello

Options
Wendywoo
Wendywoo Member Posts: 4
edited 10. Oct 2018, 02:56 in Say Hello Archive
Hello

I have discovered this online community this evening - I hope I am in the right place i am 53 and have rheumatoid arthritis and still waiting to start my treatment.
On Thursday I had to finish work early as my hip went the pain in my right leg is horrendous and the doctor has upped my medication but I am so low.
I was told on Thursday by my manager that if I went of sick I would be finished - well I have to cause I can’t walk a
Or drive.
My partner works nights so is in bed all day and just gone to work so the days are so lonely.
I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis last may.
Thanks for listening
Wendy

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums, Wendywoo, from the moderation team.

You have definitely come to the right place to talk about arthritis with those who understand I am very glad you have found the forum.

I am so sorry to hear you are struggling with so much pain and still awaiting commencing medication for the disease. Particularly upsetting that you aren’t able to get into work and risk losing your job.

There is an article here about the very subject of people With rheumatoid Arthritis and Work:

https://www.versusarthritis.org/research/our-current-research/health/

This is information about working with Arthritis and includes information about your rights.:
    https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/living-with-arthritis/work/

If you think it might help do please give our helpline a call on 0808 520 0520

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Ellen
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I am sorry you have had to find us. I'm in my twenty-second year of arthritis so know a little about what it does, how it does it and why. I was born with auto-immune troubles so developing an auto-immune arthritis was no great surprise but if this has come to you out of the blue then it must be very hard.

Mine began back in 1997 when I was 37, there is no denying it's had, is having and will have an impact on my life but things diagnosis-and-meds-wise are much better now than they were. What medication have you been prescribed? I take injected methotrexate and humira (an anti-TNF) and have done for the past seven years, my first med was sulphasalazine which I began in 2002: you name it I've probably tried it. I also have osteoarthritis (diagnosed in 2011), I hope you find the forum to be of interest, we all get it because we've all got it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben