Options
2»

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    stellabean wrote:
    I wish they had a suggestion box for subjects that I could use!

Why not just write a polite letter or email? In my experience they like patients to draw attention to things they find unsatisfactory because if they don't they never find out.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • stellabean
    stellabean Member Posts: 307
    Options
    Thanks Stickywicket I saw GP today as have throat infection and skin rash ?linked to methotrexate and spokw to him he will bring it up at surgery meeting
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Please let your rheumatology unit know that you have a rash - I developed a rash when on tablet meth, after years of eczema I took no notice but rheumatology immediately stopped the medication. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    stellabean wrote:
    Thanks Stickywicket I saw GP today as have throat infection and skin rash ?linked to methotrexate and spokw to him he will bring it up at surgery meeting

Well done! It's not always an easy thing to do but a useful one, for you and others.

Sorry about the meth reaction.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, we haven't heard from you for a while, I hope you had a good Christmas and were able to sort out the rash. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stellabean
    Options
    Thanks DD I haven't been too well over Christmas my throat infection moved into the salivary glands and lymph nodes on one side of my jaw and the pain was unbelievable of course I looked like a lopsided hamster.
    The gp said the antibiotics would take car of it. My rash faded a little while I was on the antibiotic but I stopped that on 24th and over the weekend it has become more pronounced and covers more of my legs and is on my face and abdomen. I have been off methotrexate for 2 weeks but I am meant to restart it tomorrow I am hoping to get an appointment for the GP and will ring rheumatology nurse tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Oh dear! This doesn't sound good. Please do ensure you see someone from the medical profession today. If all else fails go to A & E. It needs checking out.

After that, I hope you can start 2019 on a better footing. Please let us know how you get on.
    Steven Wright
  • stellabean
    Options
    Thanks Stickywicket I spoke to the rheumatology nurse this morning at length. This is a viral rash due to it's distribution and she advised me to get a throat swab done at the GP's which I have done.I am seeing rheumatology nurse on 7th and the results should be done by then.As this is viral it is a case of waiting it out which could be a couple of weeks so no methotrexate for now. At least I no longer look like a hamster just look like I have been slapped in the face.
    Hope you all have a lovely New Year and that 2019 brings less pain for everyone.Stellabean
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm glad you spoke to a professional. Our DMARDS are good meds which work well but we do have to keep an eye out for things that shouldn't be happening.

I hope you can hang on until 7th and I hope you have a good appointment then.

Thanks for the update.
    Steven Wright
  • stellabean
    Options
    Just an update I had my nurse appointment yesterday. The throat swab was useless as the lab had mishandled it and the result wasn't to be used. But as ,y throat isn't sore at the moment it wasn't repeated.I still have a rash on most of my legs but they have restarted methotrexate increasing doses from the start and I will see the nurse again in 4 week. I hope I can get further than 3 weeks and don't have any more problems.