Injection into the hip

Options
Brutha
Brutha Member Posts: 51
edited 20. Oct 2018, 15:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,

Hope you are all well.

Things were great after the last injection at end of may. Had sunshine holiday and it was marvellous.

Consultant finally caught up with me again at start of October. I told her the hip had started playing up again and she looked at my mri from before, checked range of motion and decided injecting into the joint under ultrasound guidance.

Anyone got any tips on this cos I really need it to work. I am working one day and off for two at present. I went to GP as work a bit weird with popping in and out on sickness. GP just signed me offf for a fortnight and offered codeine. Will codeine help me with the lost agility? Pain is pain, just deal with it I guess but I need mobility for work.

Being signed off ain’t great as builders are in doing a conservatory and the house is cold.

Any advice, as ever, much appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think a few people on here have had these but I'm not one of them. However, I did, recently, have the opposite – fluid removed from hip to check for infection. Presumably I had a local as I felt nothing either during or after. Actually, I did have saline injected in as it was quite dry so I guess that'd be similar. It was quick and easy. I hope yours is too.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Brutha
    I had the guided injection in one hip, they dont take long to do but normally you are in hospital for a while why they work through the list..it didn't work for very long for me , but a friend of mine had a good 6 moths out of hers.. wishing you well with it..
    Love
    Barbara