Experience with the Prevention - Keto diet

Options
MilanFromPrague
MilanFromPrague Member Posts: 9
edited 26. Nov 2018, 05:43 in Say Hello Archive
Hi ...... I'm 40 years old, I'm diagnosed in the 2nd stage of arthritis associated with hypermobility syndrome. The pain begins now with colder weather.
To that, I work at a private rehabilitation clinic in Prague, I meet people with heavy arthritis condition.
I just tried the "Keto Diet" for over the month - I feel some relief with the Joint pain, I lost about 12 pounds - feel lighter :). I think there is less weight pressing on the joints.
I try to do more walking, every day, at least 1 kilometer.
Does somebody have any experience with the changing diet versus joint pain??

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's well-known that losing weight can reduce joint pain but it won't undo any joint damage already present. It can also help to slow the spread of the disease. I know that too much acid in my diet aggravates my OA but lack of acid doesn't improve it. :roll: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I think it's generally acknowledged that a healthy, Mediterranean-type of diet and healthy weight do help in controlling the pain of arthritis but I don't think any specific diet helps much and personally I'm a bit sceptical of any that claim they do.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    If you are predisposed to Arthritis then things that have already happened can't change and a mediterranean diet from birth will have helped if thats what you did.

As the others say, a healthy lifestyle and a calorie count will help. I have just returned from a 25 degree Italy, is that cold? Haha!

t110007
  • MilanFromPrague
    MilanFromPrague Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you Dreamdaisy.

I know that the diet, will not heal what is already damaged. But still, I believe that exists the meals, which supporting joint prevention. I read a great article about strong homemade hen broth. Or some supplements.