Hello

Options
Gidge
Gidge Member Posts: 2
edited 6. Nov 2018, 10:38 in Say Hello Archive
Goodmorning. Ive joined the forum just hoping that someone can give me some help/advice as doctors dont seem to be able too.
I have arthritis in my neck and have difficulty turning my head consequently I am nervous about going out alone. The worst part though...is the dreadful dizziness. Its like walking on marshmallows! Ive had scans , xrays etc. Cant take anti inflammatorys. Im now on Stemetil which isnt doing much good.
Im at a loss as what to do now, any advice appreciated...
Thankyou

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello

Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place. Our forum members are very empathic, offer advice, support, friendship and light relief. I am sure they will be able to offer you support and advice.

At the top of the page you will see several tabs in a dark grey which give you the different subjects Versus Arthritis can offer you. There is also a free phone helpline on 0800 520 0520 if you feel you would like to speak to someone. They are not medically trained, but if they can't answer your question/query they know someone they can go to to get you an answer.

I am one of the moderation team and we all have one or more of the Arthritis "hanger ons" or look after family with the same

I look forward to seeing your future posts

With best wishes
    ChrisK
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I have severe arthritis in my neck and have hardly been able to move it for years. But I have no dizziness.

I'd not heard of your medication so I looked it up. It is for dizziness rather than arthritis. If it's not working maybe you could ask to try another.

Do you have pain from the arthritis?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I have a little OA in my neck but certainly no dizziness - I can understand your concerns about going out alone etc. I am not a doctor but know that dizziness can be related to an inner ear problem, has this been checked? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Hiya Gidge, I get a similar thing if I lean my head forward, it feels disconnected!

The one thing with arther that you can rely on is that its different for most of us. But! We all enjoy food, a drink and chatting so come over to Chitchat or lWA and discover how we cope.

I've just made and cooked two large shepards pies but had to stop and have a lie down to ease my pain enough to finish. There is life with arther you just have to make a little space for him.