DD is doing the robot.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 8. Nov 2018, 11:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've managed to strain some muscles on the left side of my back and then slept awkwardly on Wednesday night badly affecting the right side of my neck. My movements are somewhat impeded now thanks to the rich mix of stuff going on and I had to laugh when I caught sight of myself in the bedroom mirror, hunched just like my 85 year old mother used to be, having to turn on the spot like a netball player to look to either side. How the less-than-mighty is currently fallen. :lol: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear! We've had the daleks, the cybermen and even the Maybot but the DDBot? That has to be in a class of its own.

It never rains but it pours and it is certainly pouring for you right now. Stay warm, keep moving gently and slowly and maybe some essence of voltarol for a while.

((( )))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    It’s typical isn’t it? You hurt one side and then the other side. Never the same side. Not that it makes it a lot better. That said, your wonky strains has given us a giggle as we imagine you do a robot. Will you be performing a robot dance performance?

Take care and hope you feel better. I’ve done my neck in and I’m using heat and managed to find my old TENS machine. Muscles can be surprisingly painful!
  • dreamdaisy
    I've never found TENs effective, on this occasion it's heat, Voltarol and alternating between Cocos and paracetamol for me. Mr DD also bought a tube of Deep Heat, now I not only look and move like someone twenty years older I smell like them too. :roll:

I had a quiet day yesterday and things have eased so the same again seems like a plan. I started a jigsaw on Thursday but, because it's 750 pieces and on the dining room table it involves much leaning and stretching so I won't be doing that. :| I have vacuumed this morning using my left hand so at least something domestic has been accomplished! I hope your neck is feeling better. DD
  • stickywicket
    And how is Metal Mickey today :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Improving, Sticky, and thank you for asking when you yourself are not too well. I managed to drive yesterday which set things back a little but this morning well, so far so good. I hope it lasts.

How's pred heaven? I remember it being a beautiful place . . . DD
  • stickywicket
    Pred heaven? AKA Cloud Cuckoo Land :lol: I'm slowly making my way back to reality. Glad things are a little less robotic for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Hope things have improved for you too DD.X
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you, they have. Now to improve the joints. :roll: :lol: DD
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Sorry to realise you've been struggling DD. But, as usual, you have kept your sense of humour which is admirable. :D

I hope everything settles down soon for you.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you Grace, I am pleased to report the upward trajectory towards the giddy heights of moderately grotty continues. It's Bea2's first MOT today so I'm off to very carefully empty her. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Well, that led to a major setback.

I arrived at the garage to find they had a catastrophic power failure. They assured me a generator was on its way and everything would be up and running ASAP. An hour later the first generator appeared and was wired up which took thirty minutes. It was not enough so a second one was called for. Three hours after I left the house I returned with an MOTd car but no paperwork as it could not be printed. They could not ring me to say do not come because my details were in the computer (which was unable to say anything let alone no). They also had to write my bank card details down as they could not take payment (I had emptied the car so had no rollator to walk to a cashpoint).

With hindsight I should have said 'Stuff this, ring me when you have power and I will return,' but I didn't. 2 and 3/4 hours sat in the gloom, squinting at a sudoku was what happened and I am paying for it today: my back is back and my neck too. Idiot Daisy. DD
  • stickywicket
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Just what you didn't need.

I prescribe :animal_busy:
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Oh dear DD what a muddle ,hope you feel better soon.