And now the slow descent

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
edited 5. Nov 2018, 09:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Into I know not what.

You may remember I've had to take a couple of week's worth of 25mgs daily pred for an ear problem. The two weeks is up.

I was scared of suddenly taking so much and am now equally wobbly about suddenly not. Of course it has to be done though.

It's been a wonderful two weeks worth of 'Arthritis? Whassat?' and maybe I should have been bagging a few Munros but I still have a rickety THR which still requires the frighteningly heavy duty meds so I have been sensible. (Oh yes I can!)

I expect some rot or other will set in now - the usual rot, presumably - but it's been rather a nice, fortifying, holiday from arthritis so je ne regrette rien. Bring it on.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Prednisolone is a weird one to wrap your head around. You don’t want it nor do you want the side effects but then you realise it helps and you worry about the <bam> coming off it. Sometimes, I wonder if the worry about what will happen PP (post pred) is actually worse than the reality. Either way, I genuinely hope it’s not a painful experience and hope this weekend is kind to you. P.S. are you sure you know how to be sensible?! :D
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    Could you taper it off so it won't be such a jolt?

I have a love/hate relationship with Pred.
    At the last consultant appointment she said 'well you've put on quite a bit of weight, lets do a short sharp dose of steroids'. Urgh.
    Came out feeling rotten and lardy. I'd been in plaster all summer so unable to swim and unable to walk due to inflammation and damage in pelvis. I'd like to know how I could lose weight without being able to move?!

I hope the pred has done it's job.

Sending gentle hugs xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I presume you're taking it slow and steady as you come off the meds...very impressed to hear you are being sensible. The munros can wait!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Judging by your other thread it was not a slow descent was it? People understandably like pred because it appears to cure all ills (and there is nothing nicer than feeling better) but as with all 'good' things involving arthritis there is a price to be paid. It is the biggest con merchant around. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    It is DD, I loved the three months I was on it, it's a real trickster.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich