Moving house...things are starting to move

Options
2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh my word, it's getting ever closer . . . . I am very excited for you but do not envy you the process of getting to the new life . . . . DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I have a provisional move date of 5th December so it is suddenly feeling very real.
    I have the last load of charity stuff being collected tomorrow and then just the last few things to offer on freecycle next week.

I am scared stiff. I know it will be worth it once I move, and moving before Christmas should also mean that there will be things going on so I will start to meet new people, but the next 2-3 weeks are going to be tough everyway.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    They are going to be challenging but we're 'virtually' here for support. I have no doubt that the move, although stressful, will be the start of a better life for you by having family closer. DD
  • Slosh
    Options
    All change...well nearly. My buyer's solicitor is away next week and not back until 2nd December so things have to be put back a bit. I initially said yes to Fridsy 14th before remembering I have booked to take my grandchildren to see Father Christmas in London on the 16th!
    I had to call back and explain there was no way physically I could move one day, only to have to drive back the next. I suggested earlier that week so I'm waiting to hear back.
    Cue more anxiety.

My daughter won't move up until next year, hopefully sooner rather than later but she has charged her close friend who lives near to look after me until then and friend from Uni days saw my post on facebook about the move and she lives just outside Cambridge so we will be hoping to meet up.

Hoping to get a firm date tomorrow, please keep your fingers crossed for me!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh blast and bother, even if you do get an earlier date that is still an awful lot to do in a short time frame. :( We completed on December 9th 2013 (my parent's 68th wedding anniversary) and moved on Friday 13th - one of the best days of my life (no superstition nonsense for your truly!) It will be five years this year and they've been brilliant house-wise. DD
  • Slosh
    Options
    Well....
    Another busy day, after another bad night, my stomach is really playing up at the moment which is probably due to all this!
    Move date of 13th December agreed (but not a Friday this year DD), and removals booked with packing the day before.
    Hotels booked for 15th/16th December for Santa so I can spread out the driving, and for 24th/25th December for Christmas visit.

Plus grabbed a couple of Black Friday bargains, a new kitchen "toy" for me, wooden jewellery kit for my granddaughter and magazine subscriptions for my boys.

That's me done for the day!
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am pleased that you have confirmed dates but envy you none of it. Please pace yourself as best you can, you are going to need every available spoon! I won't have any spare to send as Operation Christmas Tree will still be ongoing. DD
  • Slosh
    Options
    I am going into spoon saving mode as of now...wish there was somewhere youmcould save them for future use.
    Enjoy operation Christmas tree!
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, just to say I am thinking of you. ((( ))) DD
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you DD.
    I am exhausted!
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am not surprised, my lovely, it's a hellish time. :( I, on the other hand, am having a whale of a time: the decs are out of the loft and the mantlepiece is done. :D DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, how goes it? DD
  • Slosh
    Options
    DD you are so lovely, checking up on me through this.
    To be honest I am not coping well emotionally. Outwardly all seems ok, saw my GP yesterday to get my repeats reviewed ready for when I register with a new surgery, but inwardly my anxiety is ramping up as we should be exchanging this week. All is sorted for the property I'm buying, a surveyor came round on Sunday to check out my house (for all of 5 minutes) and was quite happy and I know my buyer is keen to exchange too. At times it's so bad I can see my hands shaking (time for some deep breathing) and it's hard to focus on anything even though my brain keeps going into overdrive.
    I'm just terrified it's not going to happen.

You did ask!
    Julian of Norwich
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    That limbo time is a killer isn't it Slosh? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you - in my head as they aren't in a state to do it for real at the moment!
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I asked because I remember it all so well, five years ago I was going through exactly the same but had support: you are doing this on your own which is a very different ball game. In 2013 we were possibly five days away from completion and possibly nine days away from moving: my old houses was a mass of boxes, I was tired beyond reason but also very excited. It is a scary, wonderful time.

My trees are done, this year we have three. The big one is in the sitting room and Mr DD's favourite is up and twinkling in the kitchen. I added another to the dining room, it is the first tree I ever bought and has all my Shoeless Joe decorations on it, moving them freed up much space on the big one for the oddities. DD

t79146