Hello

Creakyknee
Creakyknee Member Posts: 2
edited 19. Nov 2018, 11:53 in Say Hello Archive
Just to say Hello. I have osteoarthritis in knees, and fingers and have had noth my hips replaced. I enjoy walking my dog and gardening and find that keeping moving helps me greatly in my efforts to stay strong and mobile. Now that the weather is gettig colder I do exercises at home to make up for not doing so much in the garden,

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello
    Welcome to the forum. You will find the members of the forum friendly, welcoming, and will emphasis with you. They will offer you support, advice and light relief. I am one of the moderation team and we all have one or more of the Arthritis "hangers on" or care for family with the same.
    At the top of the page you will see tabs, which when pressed will lead you to the relevant subjects Versus Arthritis produce. If you would like to talk your symptoms over with someone there is a very useful Versus Arthritis freephone helpline on 0800 520 0520. If the person you speak to doesn't know the answer, he/she will know who to go to to find out the answer. They will then ring you back with the answer. Please do remember that the volunteers on the helpline and all the mods are not medically trained.
    I look forward to seeing your future posts and hearing how you are doing.
    Best wishes
    ChrisK
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello and welcome :D Well, you seem to be doing all the right things so I do hope you reap the benefits.

I have RA and OA and, like you, try to keep as fit as possible. In my case not very :lol:

Please join us elsewhere on the 'busier' forums. Living With Arthritis and Chit Char are the most popular ones. You can just chip in anwhere or start a new thread if you wish. I hope to see you around :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have psoriatic arthritis and the joint damage from that has led to osteoarthritis. Some joints have one, some the other and others both so it can be challenging. Luckily things are fairly ghastly year-round which makes life easier because I always know where I am. :lol:

This time last year I was working with a personal trainer and am doing my best to carry on under my own steam. I regard everything I do as exercise, from the warm-up stretches in bed first thing to the last settling-down at night. At the gym I like the cross-trainer and treadmill the best and do not measure what I achieve by what others manage, they are not me and don't have what I have so of course they go faster, further and higher. One day their pigeons will come home a to roost. :wink: I think the darker days and poorer weather has a psychological impact on all of us, I combat that with loads of tea light candles and fairy lights. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben