Saying hello

Options
Rabsmith1
Rabsmith1 Member Posts: 2
edited 27. Nov 2018, 05:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone I've just joined and have sero-negative RA and also have Osteoarthritis as well, I've had RA for 4 years now and am doing not bad at the moment, I'm on Humira and Methetrexate 20mgs but the 1st couple off years were a struggle trying to get the right combination, I was on Benepali before Humira and worked for 4 months before it stopped working I was medically retired at 52 but am happy now as I can plan my day accordingly and go to body conditioning 2 a week and the gym most days, I'm in a good place at the moment and there's no way I'm lying down to this disease but know now when to rest up as before I would plough on thinking I could do things like before , my wife helps me a lot and I would be lost without her and my 2 kids 🙌

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Rabsmith1
    Welcome to the forums great you have found us. We all have Arthritis of some kind so understand what you are going through. We have several forums Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat being the most popular.so just pick one and get going.
    All the best Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, like you I have done the double, I began my auto-immune arthritis in 1997 when I was 37, began the meds in 2002 and it was accurately diagnosed in 2006. OA was diagnosed in 2011 and I am somewhat compromised now but so what? It is what it is, it won't be going away so I get on as best I can. Thankfully I don't have children but I do have a lovely husband who has been by my side throughout my increasing decrepitude: the disease not only affects us, it's poisonous ripples reach out, don't they?

I take the same meds as you and disease activity is under good control but that's all I can say about it. Pain is constant but has been for years, I am used to it now and don't want it any other way because I know where I am. I hope you find the forum to be of interest, we all get it because we've all got it. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Hi Rabsmith1 and welcome from me, too. Great to hear you're doing OK right now and long may that continue. I see you're also being very sensible and pragmatic about the disease which will also help enormously. Yes, kids do keep us going, don't they :wink: And, of course, your wife is a big help. (We women must stick together :lol: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright