Rheumy appointment

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 2. Dec 2018, 12:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
I off to see my rheumy tomorrow morning after being sent all over the place Im hoping she can come up with some answers ,my sternum is very tender and I am getting cramp like feelings in my neck on one side and it is so painful ,I can only sleep on my back else my neck seems to go into spasm.So fingers crossed.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good luck, Mig, I will be out and about today at various times but promise to think of you and will hop into your pocket if required. Please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    And from me too, mig. ((( )))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Best of luck mig from the moderators.

Ellen
  • mig
    Well I'm no further on according to rheumy Im not flaring my bloods are ok and the parts of me that are RA affected show no sign of a flare so Im very pleased about that shows meds are still working.She had a look at the base of my throat and said I don't have a clue ,could be thymus could be thyroid but I just don't know ,she had a look at my x rays from friday but said this isn't my area of expertise (sp)but there's nothing there that shouldn't be there, phew,so she arranged another x ray from a different angle which I had there and then ,so now I have to await the reports of the x rays and take it from there.Thanks for the support Mig
  • Elmbow
    Elmbow Member Posts: 80
    Hi - no idea about your history but a tender sternum can be a sign of a severe vitamin D deficiency, which would make you feel pretty rubbish without showing anything in routine bloods. Is this a possibility?
  • mig
    Been on vit d for a good while now but thanks for the reply.
  • stickywicket
    I like your rheumatologist. I find it very reassuring when a doc of any ilk admits they don't know instead of hazarding a wild guess. It's good to know the bloods are all in order and I hope the new x-ray might give a clue.

How are you in yourself, mig? Apart from shattered and dizzy with all the toing and froing.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Im a bit more cheerful now I know there is nothing sinister there,GP phoned this morning the report from x ray states its soft tissue swelling and she's going to arrange a scan.

Hubby is on the list to have his right hip replaced we had pre op and he needs to swop aspirin for something a little different we had info off gp so we could read up on them (which meant me reading to hubby, he doesn't read so well after the stroke )lunchtime we had a call from pre op his potassium levels are down so needs another blood test to recheck his levels again so gp has arranged this for monday morning .

So all in all its all coming at me at the same time. :roll:
    Our GP has been outstanding can't praise her enough.
  • mig
    His blood test is Monday morning and if his potassium levels are ok he can start the new meds if not then I don’t know what happens next as low potassium is a new one on me He has been having bananas everyday hoping that helps.
    I’m waiting for lastest x Ray results .
  • stickywicket
    It might, mig. As my old Mum used to say - if it does him no good it'll do him no harm. I know it's possible to have low potassium levels - sometimes after a bout of sickness or diarrhoea but I don't know the implications of it. I just hope you get better news after tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Mig sorry I have not been on this part of the forum has often has I used to , but Im struggling with my eyes..
    Im so glad to hear there is nothing sinister going on and hope the Xrays give them a clue ..x
    Love
    Barbara