New user

Cosmic
Cosmic Member Posts: 7
edited 2. Dec 2018, 14:25 in Say Hello Archive
Hello, I’ve only just joined.
I have been living with Arthritis for the last 12 years. I was diagnosed with Arthritis in my spine when I was only 36 years old.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Cosmic,

I’ve seen your next post where you give a full picture of your journey with arthritis, so have posted my message there

Take care
    Yvonne x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hi Cosmic and welcome from me, too. I'll stick with this post of yours as others are more likely to see it here than on the News forum.

You're quite right when you say that “Arthritis awareness is non existent, unless you are unfortunate to have to live with it.” Well, you've come to the right place, Cosmic, because on here we all have to live with it and some of us, myself included, have been greedy and live with two kinds of it :roll: (I was diagnosed with RA at 15 and, back then, there were no modern DMARDS so OA set in too. I'm pleased to say my back's pretty good but I've had hips and knees replaced and am now waiting to see if they can stick another hip joint in as one of mine is packing in.

I, too, have a long list of meds – a drawerful in fact – and I don't know where I'd be without the exercises given to me by physios. They keep things moving. Not as much as I'd like but much better than I'd be without them.

The Work Assessment Centre sounds unbelievable but for the fact that this is happening to so many people. We usually suggest that people enlist the advice of Citizens Advice. They might be able to help.

Please come on n and make yourself at home here. Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat are the forums used most. Just chip in anywhere you like.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I am sorry you have to find us. I have had a very busy weekend so am shattered - I will read your other post properly tomorrow but I wanted to acknowledge your arrival! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben