People are just bugging me....

Weepth2k10
Weepth2k10 Member Posts: 27
edited 6. Dec 2018, 12:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Bit of a rant.
Over the last week or so my right hip has become a bit stiff along with sore feet. Some guys have commented about it at work, taking a while to get from a to be b and the fancy limp along with the grumpy face because iam shattered and broken, ive explained iam going through a bit of a flare from arthritis. The look they give and tell me iam too young to have arthritis. But trying to explain i would have more joy having chat with a brick. Ive put in a 2 week sick line, looking forward to seeing the boss when i return. I just think there has to be more info out there in the public domain to educate the people.
Cheers for reading.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    i think it was Jean Paul Sartre who said "Hell is other people". How true! It's bad enough putting up with the aches and pains without being told we're too young to have them. If it's any consolation I got told that for years. I don't now :? :lol:

But, on the other hand, how much do we know about other people's diseases? MS, MD, Addisons, Cystic Fibrosis? Until we are personally affected we all remain blissfully ignorant.

I hope the flare subsides quickly.Meanwhile just tell them you wish you knew as little about it as they do.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    I've had the same thing from two physiotherapists, a doctor and many colleagues and friends, water off a ducks back after a while!

Those great hoard of the unknowing tend to be hypercritical, it deflects from their own faults.

Get a pamflet or two from VA and stick them up on the notice board, it'll slowly sink in.

P.s. we need some snow smilies, its winter!
  • BettyMac
    BettyMac Member Posts: 201
    Theyre showing their ignorance if they think arthritis only affects older people.
    It’ll take time but maybe the new Versus ads on tv will help with the education process.

Hope the flare settles quickly.