Options
2»

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yes!
    So glad I paid to be packed (so to speak), and also that I picked the right firm.
    All packed away in about 3hrs, except for mugs/kettle/tea&coffee.
    Ready meal for tonight, sandwiches bought for tomorrow (me & my daughter), plus chocolate biscuits to go with hot drinks.

Oh and repeat meds picked up.
    Now just to relax and watch TV.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hope all goes well tomorrow, and that your new house very soon becomes your forever home. :)
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you. Out of the ones I viewed this was the one I could see myself in and started to think about where I could put things.
    One thing I love is how the bedroom window looks out onto the garden which is like a piece of woodland. It will be lovely to look out onto on bad days.
    And NO MORE stairs!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's gonna be good! :D DD

🏡
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Options
    It is!
    Julian of Norwich
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Good luck, health and happiness in your new home Slosh.
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's five years today since we moved and there has been not one regret. It crowned the end of a difficult year, we sold three houses (our childhood homes and ours) and bought one but it all neatly dovetailed, we were very lucky. As we say in this household - good luck, old girl! DD

💋
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you both. It's been stressful getting here but I am excited about it.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope today goes smoothly. (((())))
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    And from me too, Slosh. I hope you're now sitting down in your new home with a cuppa :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I hope you're in - unpacking etc. can now be done at your leisure (that is a luxury!) DD
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Slosh, I hope it all went well and you slowly manage to get things where you want them to be.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, still thinking of you. DD

t7304
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I'm presumimg, and hoping, that all has gone well and you're just waiting for your broadband connection now. Hope it feels good. christmas01
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, I hope all is well as possible. DD
  • GraceB
    Options
    Keep going Slosh! Just keep chipping away at those boxes and they'll slowly disappear. Hope you get most things sorted out before Christmas..

GraceB
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, how are things going? I hope all is well well as possible, including you! DD

t07108
  • Slosh
    Options
    Sticky was right. No broadband until 2nd Jan as there's a broken cable.I'm staying at a hotel for two nights while I enjoy Christmas with my family.
    Move went well though there was a last minute problem with my buyers solicitor not sending the money through until 2.30. I was so glad to have my daughter with me as I was nearly in tears at that point. It did make it a long day though!

But, most of the boxes are unpacked and I'm gradually finding places to put everything...though it is tricky finding places for all my jewellery making stuff until I get the garage converted. I love it though. I felt at home straight away. It's cosy and compact which is perfect for me, and the joys of no stairs!

I have friendly, helpful neighbours, I'm getting to know my way about, and I've registered with the local GP.

My daughter has already noticed a difference in me too.
    So thanks to you all for your support, it helped so much, and Happy Christmas! t79146
    Julian of Norwich
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Happy Christmas Slosh and so pleased to hear you've landed safely. Isn't it lovely when you feel 'at home' right away? Here's to the next chapter in your life.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's good to hear from you! I am pleased that you are settling in, I hope you have a lovely Christmas wherever you are. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well, I am having a lovely time with seasonal payback so gawd knows how you're coping! I hope the excitement of the new home is enough to carry you through, it was for me. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I wish you a Happy New Year in your new home, I hope 2019 is a good year. DD
  • GraceB
    Options
    Slosh,

I'm delighted that you are in your new home. It was great that your daughter was able to support you whilst you waited for the money to transfer. It's a funny feeling isn't it - being "between" homes?

When my late partner John and I moved in 2010, the house we'd sold completed but there was gap of about an hour before the bungalow completed. For that hour we sat in the estate agents who we'd purchased the bungalow through. I recall telling them that if it all went pear-shaped, we'd be staying the night in their office. The looks on the faces of the staff in there was one of stunned surprise. :lol: And yes, I did mean it.

It takes time to get everything sorted so I think you are doing really well. Just continue to pace yourself. And good luck tomorrow with getting your broadband connected up.

Take care.
    GraceB
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello, I think today is the day you might be reconnected to the wonderful world of the internet? I hope so, it will be lovely to hear from you and find out how you have been getting on. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello again, I hope all is well and you are not too exhausted after all the upheaval. DD