Full knee replacement

Pools
Pools Member Posts: 4
edited 10. Dec 2018, 06:40 in Say Hello Archive
Hi I am new to this forum
I had a full knee replacement in March this year knee was coming along fine until about four weeks ago now every step I take my knee clicks and is getting painful.
It’s a little worrying has anyone else had this problem.
Really would appreciate any help please

Tom

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Tom,

Lovely to meet you, so your successful knee replacement is now not behaving. That is a worry. I had mine replaced in January and it started off really well. It did start 'clunking', a bit like your jaw can when you open your mouth really wide, but it has now mostly stopped.

I read this Noises can come from a number of possible sources, including the metal and plastic implants, tendons, and fluid around the knee. These are fine and generally noises diminish over time, and I was told your knee can take up to 2 years to settle in.

It seems if there is pain, swelling or joint deformity then you should take action
    https://www.verywellhealth.com/hearing-clicking-after-knee-replacement-surgery-2549611

We have lots of members with replacement joints who will be able to relate their experiences too to help. Do keep posting to let us know how you get on and what the outcome is

Take care
    Yvonne x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Tom and apologies for being so late to answer your post. I've had three knee replacements. (Don't worry. I started young :lol: and the replacement which had to be replaced was 27(?) years old)

I remember twisting it as I got into the car leaving the hospital :roll: and it crackled a bit from then on for quite a while. I mentioned it to my consultant when I saw him next and he had a look and a feel and said it was just a 'settling in' thing. So, as Yvonne says, that's probably all it is with you but, if you're concerned about it, do check with the medics. I hope you get as much mileage out of it as I have done with mine :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright