Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

Books?

ralivingukralivinguk Posts: 3
edited 17. Feb 2019, 21:06 in Young people's community
Plz recommend me any books that you read that helped you

Comments

• dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,556 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    The Prophet by Khalil Gibran. Marvellous for life in general rather than specifically arthritis.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,870
    DD is right in my view. The books that help us live with arthritis are the ones that take us right away from it.

Which is why, without wishing to take anything away from Kahlil Gibran's excellent 'The Prophet', most of those that spring to my own mind are funny ones – The 'I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue' compilation, Barry Cryer's autobiography, anything by Alan Bennett or Victoria Wood.

Anything that claims to help or, worse, 'cure' 'arthritis' and doesn't even distinguish between OA and the autoimmune types isn't even worth checking out. I cope with arthritis by laughing a lot and not taking the arthritis itself too seriously.
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • ralivingukralivinguk Posts: 3
    Thanks!

I agree, it's better to laugh
  • SwagridSwagrid Posts: 9
    Idk but mby Harry potter lol :D