Surgery

Options
Grynch
Grynch Member Posts: 13
edited 9. Jan 2019, 12:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well, I met with pre-assessment yesterday and will be checking into hospital on Tuesday for a couple of small procedures
.....cortisone shot right hip
....removal of floating object under right knee cap
I hope this brings some relief as I've really been hobbled recently

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hope it does too - there is no guarantee the steroid injection will help but if it does then a good three months or so could be on the cards. The procedure in your knee will leave things sore for a while but hopefully all will be well. Is your knee being done by keyhole? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Grynch
    Options
    Initially that was the plan but doc says the object was too big - quail egg sized - as he would have to do an inch incision.
    That being said I don't understand as my prostatectomy was done keyhole ( daVinci )
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've always reckoned that those who do surgery for a living are the best placed to decide which type it should be: removing hard lumps is a different kettle of fish to removing softer ones, each surgeon has their speciality so an ortho chap has probably never done a prostate procedure and vice versa. The biggest lump I had removed was an ovarian cyst weighing nearly 4 kilos, I have a lovely ten inch scar to remind me of that emergency. :lol: DD
  • Grynch
    Options
    Well yesterday came and went but no procedure due to the face I was running a low grade. As long as he had me doc ordered a MRI and rang this a.m. to say that showed a small muscle mass ( lymphoma? Scarmoma ) and is now scheduling a mother raft of tests
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh. Hmmm, that was an anti-climax and then some, wasn't it? I assume you had a low grade temperature so of course no procedure could take place. Please let us know how you get on re. the other stuff. DD