Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Luther

Airwave!Airwave! Posts: 2,427 ✭✭
edited 6. Jan 2019, 05:38 in Community Chit-chat archive
A mixed and confusing ending, was he the 'goody' we had to believe in or the rotten through badie who needed to be bad to win through? A gripping but gory story though.

Comments

• stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 26,000 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It didn't grip me at all. I read my way through the week while Mr SW watched. To me it seemed gratuitously violent and I couldn't find any character to like. But I did get through a good novel :D
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It's one of those things that we have missed - I don't know why. I think the first series was good (I especially like Ruth Wilson) but as is the norm with the Beeb they find a good horse and flog it for all it's worth (similarly with EastEnders, a dead donkey if ever there was one but it staggers on . . . . )

I envy your ability to read with the TV going, Sticky, I can't. I can muck about on my tablet or do a jigsaw but no more. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben