MRI today

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 11. Jan 2019, 05:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
My appointment is for 3.30 this afternoon I don't know why but Im not looking forward to it Ive had one before and it didn't bother me, none of the swellings have gone down and the bottom one in the middle where my boobs are hurt when touched, if it hadn't been for the X-rays showing nothing sinister I would get worried.Pocket duties would be very much appreciated .

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'll be there, Mig: MRIs are always uncomfortable so close your eyes and do your best to imagine yourself elsewhere, doing lovely things with lovely people (and yes, coming round mine for tea counts as one of those things). ((( ))). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • BettyMac
    BettyMac Member Posts: 201
    Hope it all went well, Mig.
    Do you have long to wait for the results?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    thinking of you Mig, take care
    From all the mods
    Sharon
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I hated it 45 mins,stuck in a machine, I had to have a needle put in so they could put some dye type stuff in half way through it hurt it ached and I told them my veins don't do big needles so after trying they reverted to a small one, got to wait now till a report goes to my rheumy a week to ten days.Im so glad its over hope I don't have to have another.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I am sorry it wasn't that good for you - blasted so-called 'professionals' who ignore what they are told by patients; if you say your veins don't like big needles why do they try anyway and cause more distress? Twerps.

I am sure you are familiar with medical timescales - a week to ten days can be anything from that to a fortnight, to a month, to 'We've lost the report, you need to do it again.' (Been there, done that.) If you don't hear by the end of January don your running shoes and chase them. Good luck. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Ah mig, your café friends were wondering how you'd got on. Sorry it wasn't a good experience.

I hope you get your results soon and they at least shed light on the problem for you ((()))

Toni xx