Flowering beauties

Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 4. Feb 2019, 16:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
Can I claim the first daffodil in flower? They grow despite what I do.

๐Ÿ˜‚

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Mine are up too Airwave heads ready but not opened yet - so you win!!!!
    f015.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You win but only just! Ours fully opened on the 18th. I'm in Suffolk, where are you? Our snowdrops have been out for a while and the crocuses are coming through, I hope the two hard frosts we have had won't wreck them. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Ours fall prey to the pidgeons, mice eat the crocus buds, squirrels eat tge apples and nuts, deer seem to eat evrything and if theres anything left the badgrrs wade in!

๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    I don't have any early daffs in my garden, but I noticed yesterday that a couple of de caen anemones were just beginning to open - beautiful dark blue - with more to come. The aconites are going to keep me guessing again I think, assuming they're still there at all; last year I thought they had gone as they didn't show when I expected, and then suddenly about 3 weeks later up they popped. Fortunately I noticed them just before I pulled out a big clump of grass and weeds which was partly tangled up with them.
  • Quintus
    Quintus Member Posts: 62
    I simply can't help it. And I'm totally aware of the fact that this may sound slightly impolite. But my impression with all those keen brexiteers is their vain pride of former glory. Yes, of course- the "British" empire has been exactly that: an empire. But somehow those who still dream of times past forget your back garden is no more. India and Africa and their riches are out of reach now. ( and that is very good as it is). If Scotland gains it's souvereinity it's pรฉtrol will be out of reach of England and Wales. And England and Wales it will be. Point. It is amazing how not only the people, but surely the English "leaders" are unable to count. 1+1 = 2. Well, mostly. Calculation apart- there is still the human factor. Your gouvernement wants free circulation of goods. Not of human beings. This is the ultimate arrogance of small souls.
    Sorry. I find this kind of deal rather small minded and revolting. I really think it's high time Europe stays put and signs the contract: hard Brexit !
  • Quintus
    Quintus Member Posts: 62
    Sorry! Really! It is awful to use only a tiny mobile! I just missed the right topic! I'm really sorry! On the other hand... well I like the irony behind it... But it has simply been a mistake!
    Pfh.. aรฏe... and of course me...