Options
Hellofromme
Hellofromme Member Posts: 2
edited 21. Jan 2019, 02:14 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone,
I am a newbie to all this. I was diagnosed with RA in November and just wanted to introduce myself ✋🏻

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello from me too,

What a good username, and well done for finding us so quickly! You sound cheerful too which is just as it should be, I hope your diagnosis was speedy and you are already started on some medications.

There are meds to prevent the disease causing physical damage to your joints etc. These can also affect the pain which is great but if not there are others meds to do just that. However it’s a bit of trial and error finding the best combination for you, stick with it though because the majority of us get on to lead a mostly normal life.

If you have any questions about managing life around arthritis, medications, pain, coping or anything else let us know so we can be there for you, and do keep posting! Let us know how you get on and join in the other threads you are interested in.

Here’s a general link to our booklet about rheumatoid arthritis

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/rheumatoid-arthritis/

Take care
    Yvonne x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I am sorry you have had to find us. I have psoriatic and osteoarthritis plus fibromyalgia and will soon be entering my twenty-second year of the malarkey. Things kicked off in 1997 but really got into their stride six years later, mind you having been born with auto-immune troubles it was always on the cards so no great surprise there: if you are coming at this from a healthy background then that must be harder. What meds are you taking? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben