Hi everyone

Options
Wayne196
Wayne196 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi everyone one am new to this I have osteoarthritis in knees hip hands lower spine the pain been getting worse over the years I put it off for a while to see the doctor drugs i been on don't work now she sending me to some pain management clinic am 53 years old and getting out of bed in the morning is a rite job

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Wayne and welcome to the forums from the moderation team.

I am very sorry to hear about your diagnosis of osteoarthritis. Many of us can sympathise with pain getting out of bed in the morning. It is very good news that you have been referred to a pain clinic many people have found them to be very helpful.

We have a great community here, with lots of experience of arthritis who I know will make you very welcome and help in any way they can, but in the meantime I hope the following links will help you.

This information by Arthritis Research UK is about osteoarthritis and is very comprehensive:

https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/osteoarthritis.aspx

Arthritis Care’s booklet on the same can be downloaded here:
    https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/do-i-have-arthritis/publications/223-living-with-osteoarthritis

I look forward to seeing you posting in future.

Best wishes

Ellen.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    Hello Wayne welcome to the forum from me too :)

I expect you've already though of this, but a lot of us have our meds ready with a glass of water to take before moving.

Also there are some medications which are longer-acting (24 hour. some 72 hour patches and some 7 day ones. The pain clinic will know all this. Let us know how you get on.

Best of luck

Toni
  • Wayne196
    Wayne196 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you