Hi Everyone

aprilstevenson2019
aprilstevenson2019 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hey Everyone,

My name is April,

I am so glad I have managed to find this community. I have been an arthritis sufferer for nearly 17 years. I had left me bedridden for long periods. I also have developed Fibro over the last six years or so. I find that not many people understand what I go through on a daily basis. I am only 38 and feel like I am a lot older than that. I am currently studying for my Masters in Creative Writing to try and keep me motivated and confident.
I look forward to chatting to other suffers
I hope you all have a less painful day.

Kind Regards
April

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi April,

Welcome to the forum, it’s lovely to meet you. I’m glad you found us too, the more people sign up to join us the better we are at sharing information and helping others, and there’s more here to chat to and have a good time with.

You have managed a tough condition really well, even through periods stuck in bed, I too now have fibromyalgia and sometimes that causes more problems!

Since it’s a while since your diagnosis you might be interested in current thinking about living with arthritis, here’s a link

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/living-with-arthritis/

And you may find useful tips to cope with arthritis here - or you have have a tip to share

https://arthritiscareforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18372

Do keep in touch, I’d love to hear more about your masters.

Take care
    Yvonne x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Lovely to meet you, April, but sorry you had to find us.

Well done on the Creative Writing Masters :D That sounds ambitious and fun - exactly what arthritis needs to show it who's boss :wink:

I've had RA since I was 15. Now 72. Positively ancient :lol:

Do join us anywhere. Living with Arthritis is the most popular forum. I'm sure you'll have a lot to contribute.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I have PsA, OA and fibromyalgia and am currently under the OA cosh thanks to the cold weather. I began when I was 37 and am now 59, I'm used to it and it doesn't usually bother me: it is what it is, it will do what it will do and I am as I am viz. much more than my disease. My husband has just started a history degree, I envy him his ability to concentrate but he is healthy and living without pain flowing through and around forty or so joints, today I couldn't solve a six-box junior sudoku. :lol: I hope you enjoy your course and find the forum to be of interest. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Hodgy
    Hodgy Member Posts: 37
    Hi April I am 45 and have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis since 2015. It is getting worse and spreading to my foot now too. I am a runner, I say that but at the moment I can't run at all. Today has been an awful day for me full of agonising pain and I still have my daughter to care for. But I always hope for brighter tomorrows. Hope your tomorrow is brighter too. If all you can hope for is a new day, then look forward to a new day with hope... I think I just made that up :? Ever the optimist. m0150