waiting for hip replacement surgey

Options
Preti
Preti Member Posts: 9
edited 4. Feb 2019, 15:53 in Living with arthritis
Attended pre assessment clinic. Some very good news: will not need general anaesthetic, will be having an epidural (injection into spinal canal) and my replacement joint will be ceramic, so I shouldn't need another. Short hospital inpatient stay up to 3 days.

Bad news: the waiting list NHS is falling behind in our area, surgery will prob. not take place for at least another month. Could be worse and has been in the past. Pain killing med. sorted with GP but find no relief from prescription, taking over the counter meds. with his good wishes, with stomach med. cover for side effects.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That all sounds pretty normal. Spinals are the favoured method and 3 days is an average stay. A month doesn't seem long to wait. I've had longer. Keep up with the exercises as it will make recovery easier. Good luck!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Preti
    Preti Member Posts: 9
    Options
    I don't believe I have anything to to offer your forum and I don't believe it has anything to offer to me. Some of you are RUDE.
    I''ll continue to buy your Christmas cards, that's all.

Goodbye.

Edited to remove personnel details
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Preti, if you mean me and I have offended you I apologise.

I'm on my tablet and my fingers don't cope well with a touch keyboard so I am always quite terse when using one. But I do know a bit about replacements having 2 x hips and 3 x knees.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright