Just joined and saying hi

Options
Birchy
Birchy Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi just joined the forum. I have OA in my neck and more severe in my lower spine. I also have it in my left and right foot which makes getting about very painful at times.
I'm hoping to get many tips and help from the forum in the future

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Birchy
    Welcome to the forum,sorry you are in pain I too have Osteoarthritis so understand what you are going through as do everyone on this forum. We are all friendly and understanding and will try and help in any way to make you feel part of the forum the most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat
    All the best Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hi birchy and welcome from me too.

We all have our own ways of dealing with arthritis. I think, for OA, mostly it's about getting the exercise / rest balance right.

Do come along and join us on the Living With Arthritis forum which is where most of us hang out. :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I have PsA which led to OA, some joints have one, some the other and others both. No magical tips from me, I'm afraid, I stick by my arthritis ABC: adapt, believe, compromise, assisted by pain relief and rest. I find the OA is worse in the autumn and winter then the psoriatic might have its turn as my immune system is further stressed in spring and summer.

I began back in 1997 when I was 37 and things have had to change as I have deteriorated but making those changes has enabled me to do more and go further. Yes, I would prefer to be able to move about without aids and to be pain free but as neither is possible it's best to make the best of what I have while I have it; I try to do just that. I hope you find the forum to be of interest, we all get it because we all have it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben