Anyone from North of Scotland?

Options
emmalforbes
emmalforbes Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hello,

I'm new to this site but unfortunately not with RA. I was diagnosed at 18, had my first knee replacement at 25 and second one at 29. Had the radial head from both elbows removed in the last couple of years (I'm 35 now). I've been on every DMARD and biologic going, tried 7 different trials. Physically and mentally exhausted pretty much most of the time but definitely try to remain positive. Would be lovely to meet some people in the same boat, going through all the operations and treatments I kinda distanced myself from everyone to try and cope with all this.

Emma

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Emmalforbes
    Welcome to the forum , we all have forms of Arthritis and understand what you are going through we are also very friendly and sympathetic and will try and help in any way to make you feel part of the forum the most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat
    All the best Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Emma and welcome from me too :D

I really don't know if there is anyone on here from the north of Scotland. Most of us haven't a clue where anyone else is from. I think the 'highest' branch is at Aberdeen but the online community can be good.

I / we moved to the Scottish Borders about two and a half years ago and I love it here. I know 'BettyMac' is Scottish. Others have come and gone. Unfortunately, the arthritis is still here :wink:

I was diagnosed at 15. R.A. I've had knees and hips done but nothing else. I'm soon to be 73 so I've done pretty well. I find methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine help enormously. My problems arose before they were available. How do you manage if you can't take any DMARDS / biologics? That must be tough.

Please join in anywhere on these forums. We don't bite :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright