Shoulder replacement

Options
Minty
Minty Member Posts: 7
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi everybody. I'm waiting for total shoulder replacement and would welcome any advice or experiences.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, there's a recent thread about this, by Crinkly1, on the Living With Arthritis board which is listed on the board index page. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi Minty,

Welcome to the forum, lovely to meet you, waiting for a shoulder replacement, there have been a few of these, here is the link to the thread mentioned by DreamDaisy

https://arthritiscareforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=50176&hilit=Shoulder+replacement

There’s a link about going into hospital too which might have some useful suggestions, here you go

https://arthritiscareforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18036

If you can think of anything else just let us know!

My best advice is to find out which exercises you will be given to do afterwards and start doing them now, it will help get those muscles strong in advance!

Take care

Yvonne x
  • crinkly1
    crinkly1 Member Posts: 156
    Options
    Hello Minty.

There are few accounts of first-hand experience available so I started posting a blow-by-blow account of my reverse shoulder replacement of just over six weeks ago. It's on the Living with Arthritis forum and I shall be delighted if you find it helpful.

If you are having a standard replacement I can point you to a very useful and detailed online blog. (The internet can be confusing as procedures in the USA seem to take a different path at recovery stage so you need to browse with care.)

If you have specific questions don't hesitate to post them on the Living with Arthritis thread and I'll do my best to respond.

Take care.