New member

isanor Member Posts: 5
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
I have been an RA sufferer since about 2004. In 2011 I had a wrist replacement operation which now needs more attention. But finding out which NHS hospitals offer this type of surgery in not easy so I am wondering if any other member can help me.
Many thanks


  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear your wrist is causing you problems despite having surgery. The best person to ask about a surgeon would be your rheumatologist or your GP in the first instance. You might find this website useful What surgery is it that you are having.
    I am sure the members here will share their experience
    Best Wishes
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,566
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi and welcome from me too :)

    The last person who had wrist surgery was I am sure up in Scotland so can't help much either.

    If you have time it would be interesting to hear your story and how you get on.

    Toni x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,726
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00

    I have RA too. Hips and knees replaced but my wrists fused themselves - eventually :roll:

    I agree with Sharon that the best person to ask would be your rheumatologist. Although, presumably it's your orthopaedic surgeon who has said you need a revision. Doesn't (s)he do revisions? That's the situation with my local hospital which is why my orthopaedic surgeon is an hour's drive away. But surely you could be advised where to go?

    I hope all goes well for you. As 'frogmorton' has said, it would probably be very helpful for others if you felt able to keep us informed as wrist surgery, apart from carpal tunnel, doesn't happen much.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright