Nippi 125 Sport

Mike1
Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
edited 4. May 2019, 05:12 in Chit chat
Does anyone know of anyone who rides one of these? As I have had to give up my bike and latterly my trike I was thinking that a Nippi Sport 125 may give me back some semblance of biking albeit from my wheelchair. www.nippi.co.uk/nippi/

Comments

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Again, no more info other than what you've seen, I have seen them around and did wonder if they were a touch underpowered with a 125cc engine? But at least you'd get out and about under your own steam.

Good luck.
  • Mike1
    Hi Grace, thanks for that. Regrettably I have not seen any in the far West of Cornwall where I live and although I emailed the manufacturers a fortnight ago they have not bothered to reply. The nearest disability show is in Exeter in July but that is out of my travelling range - sometimes I have to stop driving after 5 miles!

Airwave, 125cc is a little on the low side considering I used to ride a BMW 1150 RT and latterly a 1800cc Trike but, as you say, it would get me out and about with a semblance of what I have lost. Even though it is 125 it has a top speed of 60mph even with a chair and a lump like me on the back. Living in the wilds of Cornwall as I do that would be enough speed.
  • Airwave!
    Well at least you get a better view of the hills you're climbing! I have seen one a few times but only around town so just a guess as to its perfornance on the open road. I rode a 'tuned' scooter, only a 180cc but it was doing 0-60 under 7 secs, what a screamer!

I gave up my bike last year and yes I miss it after near on 50 years of motorbikes. But, life changes and so must I.
  • Mike1
    Well, that's that fantasy over with. I found one for sale, my baby Sister chucked some money in my account, a mate and I discussed customising it and I was getting really excited about catching flies in my teeth again (it's a biker thing!). Then I found out it has a 150 kg weight limit and my wheelchair is 170 kg without me in it. It was good to dream for a while.
  • Airwave!
    Contact the makers it may only be a suspension alteration? Or get a custom fit chair to go in it? Does your chair have two batteries? Take one out?

You may have to tackle this from a different angle, a standard wheelchair with an add on front electric wheel might suffice to get you out and about? Or even a customised three wheel bike with electric drive or assist? A trike custom jobbie might be out but you need wheels!