Trapeziectomy 29th April and trigger finger.

Megrose2
Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
edited 17. Mar 2022, 10:25 in Living with arthritis
Hi all.

I've got a date for my trapeziectomy - 29th April, so I'd appreciate lots of positive vibes, please. I've got to be there are 7.30am, so I'll be a bit bleary eyed and I'll lay odds that I won't have the op until the afternoon!

I've also got a trigger finger (quite painful ring finger) on the same hand and was thinking of seeing the GP this week to have a steroid injection so that, hopefully, it would be a lot better before the operation. Does anyone know if it is OK to do this before an op? Has anyone else had a similar problem? I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Meg
Tagged:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Firstly I wish you well with the procedure, I hope it brings about everything you desire. Secondly, I don't think having a steroid is advisable so soon before an op, but as you know I am not a doc so cannot advise. I know from reading on here that others have been down a similar route, for some it made no difference, for others it caused delays. A friend of mine failed to qualify for her operation because she had been chewing gum just before she was due to go to theatre. She was a nurse so should have known better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose2
    Thank you, DD. You were spot on! I decided to ring the pre-asessment unit of the hospital and spoke to a nurse who told me that I should not get the steroid injection as it would affect the operation. So, no steroid for me and I've just got to put up with the trigger finger! She did say to ask my surgeon when I could safely get it treated after the op, so that's what I'll do.

Meg.
  • Megrose2
    Thank you, Sharon, for your reply. I'll be sure to wear extra big pockets on the day and would really appreciate anyone who would like to do pocket duties!
    I'll also definitely let you know how I get on, as I know how useful it is to read of other experiences.

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    I had a feeling that would be the case, I hope you are able to cope with the trigger finger until it can be addressed. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello, I realise you may not be able to reply! I hope all went well and that things are not too bad. I also hope the poncho working as a practical and comfortable option. DD

🌾