Mid Sole Arthritis

Options
Arthurball65
Arthurball65 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hello everyone out there.

I have Mid Sole Arthritis in both feet but my left is worse than my right.

I have had injections under a general anesthetic but that is wearing out already.

I don't want to go down the fusion route but need to know what if any options are out there.

I have also just had insoles made by a local podiatrist to support my arches and taken stress off the metatarsels but not relief as of yet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Stephen (54)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Stephen and welcome to the Versus Arthritis forums.

I'm sorry to hear you have arthritis that is affecting your feet - the need for injections shows it must be very debilitating and painful.

There is a whole section on the website relating to arthritis in the feet. It includes footcare, exercises to manage the pain, as well as information on the possible treatments.

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/foot-and-ankle-pain/

There are other members on the forums who also have problems with their feet and hopefully some useful suggestions for coping with it.

Do keep posting and tell us how you get on.

Best wishes
    Brynmor
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I am sorry you have had to find us. I have a different arthritis affecting my toes - psoriatic - and OA which is in both ankles. What kind of injections did you have? I have custom-made insoles which do nothing to relieve pain but do keep my knees in the right orientation, the trouble is they're shot to bits with both kinds of arthritis. :lol: What pain relief do you take?

I have to go now but wanted to reply so you know someone has acknowledged your post. I'll be back tomorrow. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • JoeB
    JoeB Bots Posts: 83
    Options
    Acupuncture may be worth trying. It is possible to sometimes obtain this therapy
    via the NHS but this can be something of a postcode lottery. Nevertheless - don't ask - don't get !

However, if going privately fees expect fees to be in the range of £35 to £75 per session. The first session is necessarily longer and hence will attract a greater fee.

Some universities are offering this as a B.Sc. (occasionally a B.A.) course and offer discounted therapy to patients via supervised final year students. This can reduce the fee to £20 or even less. Hence it may be worth investigating.

I hope this is of some interest.

Arthur