PIP Complaints up 6000%

Options
Mike1
Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
edited 13. May 2019, 11:03 in Work and financial support
Government figures show 9,320 complaints were received about medical assessments for PIP in the year to February 2019 – compared with 1,391 in 2016/17 and just 142 in 2015/16

The full article can be read here: https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2019/may/complaints-about-pip-assessments-6000-cent-three-years

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's hardly surprising, I have no arguement about having to prove the need for PIP but it is a flawed system. The onus is upon the claimant, as it should be, to prove the requirement for the benefit and it was about time that assessment was necessary: I put in a claim for DLA in 2007, providing full details of my PsA , GP and rheumatologist and almost by return of post was granted high rate mobility with no investigation being undertaken. No wonder fraud was rife and people still get away with it. As Sticky pointed out in my thread people can say anything but proving it is hard, especially with variable conditions such as ours.

I am concerned about the healthy assessing the sick, the misrepresentations that occur in reports and angry that those in definite need have to go through the circus of appeal etc. I am also grateful that such a benefit exists to help people such as me with the expenses of being increasingly disabled. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben