Rheumatoid arthritis

Options
Lizhut
Lizhut Member Posts: 4
edited 7. Feb 2023, 10:12 in News Archive
Hi
I'm not long diagnosed with RA but recently have been feeling as if I have a flu (like RA Is attacking my muscles). Has anyone else with RA ever felt like this?
The ache and weakness is in both my arms.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello and welcome Lizhut to Versus Arthritis Community Forum

Sorry to read of your recent problems with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). You ask if there are others with similar problems, you will find there are many forum users who have RA, I'm sure they will follow on with some good advice and support to assist you.

I have found this link which may be of help to you:-

https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/system/search-results.aspx?keywords=Rheumatoid+arthritis

Please feel free to contact Versus Arthritis Helplines for further support 0800 520 0520

Enjoy the forum

John
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It sounds to me as though your RA is flaring, what medication have you been prescribed and how long have you been taking it? If you would like more answers it might be worth reposting on the Living with Arthritis board on here as that is where we deal with meds, referrals, flaring, etc. I have psoriatic arthritis (PsA) and OA, I take injected methotrexate and imraldi but am years ahead of you (I began back in 1997). The meds do nothing for the OA as that has a different cause. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hello and welcome from me too.

I have RA and, yes, unfortunately flu like symptoms are quite common when we're flaring. I presume you've not been on DMARDS for very long so they haven't properly kicked in yet. Once your symptoms are under control the fatigue will be nowhere near as bad.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Lizhut
    Lizhut Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello and welcome from me too.

I have RA and, yes, unfortunately flu like symptoms are quite common when we're flaring. I presume you've not been on DMARDS for very long so they haven't properly kicked in yet. Once your symptoms are under control the fatigue will be nowhere near as bad.

Thank you but I've been on my meds for a year now. This flu like symptom has been going on for over a week and its getting harder to cope.