Hi - Newbie Here!

Options
McGinger
McGinger Member Posts: 6
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi,

I thought I would introduce myself!

I am 38 years old, live on the West Coast of Scotland with my husband, our 2 children (one boy one girl!) and 2 large cats :D

I was diagnosed with Undifferentiated Inflammatory Arthritis and Fibromyalgia just over 2 years ago now, it all happened very suddenly. At first just my hands were sore for a couple of months and then I caught a bug and overnight I could hardly walk.

I was lucky enough to be seen by a Rheumatologist very quickly, and within 6 weeks we had found the right medication to keep the worst of my symptoms at bay - amongst other magical medications I take Methotrexate weekly. There isnt really a part of me that isnt affected by Arthritis, though I can have pain in my feet one day and then they are fine the next and its my neck thats the problem!

I don’t know anyone my age who suffers from Arthritis of any kind and any local chronic pain groups I have attempted to join are not really my demographic, I guess I am joining this forum as a place to find people who are living with the same kind of condition as me and a place to find answers to the questions you don’t always know how or who to ask!

Looking forard to becoming part of this community :D

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Mcginger
    Welcome to the forum,glad you have found us everyone is friendly and understanding and will try and help in any way to make you feel part of the forum the most popular forums are Living with Arthritis and Chit Chat.
    Just log on and you will soon have people taking to you.
    All the best Christine
  • SusiM
    SusiM Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Hi Mcginger

Im also a newbie here and l also have 2 cats minus the kids. Im 44years old and just recently diagnosed with what they think is RA. I thought l was too young to have arthritis but after lots of reading on forums have realised it has no age demographic.

Ive been travelling a bit rough lately trying to accept l have a chronic illness and feeling quite unwell. This and another arthritis forum has helped me to feel less alone and more accepting of my condition. I also have the hand and feet pain and neck pain. I have found that deep tissue massage provides some relief.

I hope you find the support and answers you are looking for.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    McGinger wrote:
    I guess I am joining this forum as a place to find people who are living with the same kind of condition as me and a place to find answers to the questions you don’t always know how or who to ask!

Looking forard to becoming part of this community :D

You've come to the right place, McGinger :D Glad to have you on board though so sorry you needed to join us. We have an all-too-wide range of experiences with arthritis and there's usually someone who has been through stuff previously.

I have RA and OA. I'm no newbie to arthritis but I have a reasonably good memory :lol: Just join in anywhere, ask away or add your two pennorth wherever you wish. You're very welcome.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright