Walking outside

Options
Daisymae
Daisymae Member Posts: 50
edited 3. Jun 2019, 13:19 in Living with arthritis
Walking inside the house seems great, but once I get into the street and start walking I suffer pain and my walking pattern is not much usual one, any ideas why this is ?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Definitely. It's because inside is entirely flat and outside isn't. Even when it looks relatively flat.

I'm having exactly the same problem right now as, due to stupidity (mine!) my ancient knee replacement slid even further away from its moorings and I've spent two weeks resting and exercising furiously to sort it out. Yesterday, for the first time, I ventured out and even an old hand like me couldn't believe the difference. I was very glad to get back to my laminate. definitely more exercises are required.

If, as far as possible, you can walk on flat ground outside it will help. If not, best join me in the knee exercise classes :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Daisymae
    Daisymae Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Thank you, yes I am exercising, find going uphill a struggle, thank you for the explanation
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I agree with SW..I do use one crutch to keep me upright..a walking stick doesn't seem stable enough..also have to watch out for stones my feet like to roll on them..in others words just be careful..
    Love
    Barbara