Posting information from Webmaster

Options
Marcia
Marcia Member Posts: 84
edited 8. Jun 2019, 11:02 in Living with arthritis
Hi all,
There is information on the Webmaster about arthritis and mental health.
I forwarded the link to my family to get an sight of what I am going through and for them to understand. This link.is an interview on London Live. There was no response when I sent it. Yet the attitude I received because I was not responding to messages. However yesterday a picture of my late mother with her in laws was sent to me. It was a beautiful picture and I was grateful for it. Yet they still do not understand the pain and tiredness of depression / and or anxiety that can be hand in hand with arthritis and for women going through menopause the combination is awful.
The forum to speak to people who are living with arthritis has been a great help to express myself and get advice, support and information.
I pat myself on the back for taking the first step to contact Versus Arthritis when I first saw them advertise on TV.
Well done me :)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am pleased that you are finding the forum helpful, it's worth remembering that a key skill in building any relationship is replying to those who respond in order to develop a conversation - if that doesn't happen the world goes very quiet. I'm not in London - one of the benefits of the forum is that it's not geographical, another is it's always open.

I hope you passed on your thanks to whoever sent you the picture, thinking thank you is never enough of a response to a kind and thoughtful act: it may be an attempt by them to build a bridge . . . . DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    I'm with DD here - just keep the communication channels open. As you admit yourself it's hard-to-impossible for non-sufferers to fully understand the difficulties, and they may well have read the link you sent but still don't know how, or feel able, to respond or help. If sending pictures is what they feel comfortable with then so be it; that picture gave you pleasure and was appreciated, so make sure they know. Getting pleasure from 'small' things is part of a coping strategy for our condition, so although it may not be what you wanted or envisaged as a response it is nonetheless a positive contribution.
  • Marcia
    Marcia Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Thanks again for your support and encouragement.
    I was a little emotional when I got the picture and sent it to my email address. I did thank.my Sister for sending it.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Misunderstandings are very quick to arise because with the typed word one does not hear a voice or its inflections, nor see a face. I am pleased you thanked your sister, let's hope the rapprochement can develop. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben