Drug conflicts

Options
tel123car
tel123car Member Posts: 3
edited 16. Jun 2019, 09:46 in Living with arthritis
Hi there,

Recently started taking Simponi for RA/PSA.
I also take methotrexate 17.5 mg and 8 mg Predisolone.
Since starting the Simponi the day after I take the MX my
pain goes up dramatically. I have monitored this and happens every day after MX. The next day pain level revert to the norm until the next dose of MX. Have been taking MX for years without problem only since starting Simponi 15 weeks ago has it happened.
Just wondered if anybody else had experienced this.
Regards Terry

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi tel123car,

Lovely to meet you, I'm glad your RA is pretty well controlled but sorry this latest addition is not behaving as well as expected!

The best option is to get back in touch with your health team to let them know what's going on and get some advice.

Here is the information on our versusarthritis.org website for your biologic drug

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/treatments/drugs/golimumab/

Do let us know how you get on and what the solution is for you

Take care

Yvonne x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I have PsA and was recently swapped from 'proper' humira to its new 'bio-similar' imraldi. The imraldi has six excipients as opposed to humira's three and I do not think it's a coincidence that I am feeling considerably worse than usual, I would even say I am now genuinely ill as opposed to having disease activity under good control. None of the meds I have taken for the PsA have ever reduced pain levels (I include the dullers such as cocodamol in that number) but as I also have OA that is hardly surprising.

Everyone's physiology is unique and we are merely patients. I think you need to contact your rheumatology department and inform them this is happening, they need to know. What have your bloods shown since you began this new combination? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tel123car
    tel123car Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for your comments my bloods are normal and my med team
    seemed bemused