I think I've turned a corner.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 22. Jun 2019, 17:23 in Living with arthritis
I am feeling brighter in myself and generally more alert which is pleasant. Is this the siren call of Moderately Grotty? Who knows and I am not presuming it is. There is, of course, the risk that I have merely turned off the M1 of Grot into the cul-de-sac of False Hope (a destination I always do my best to avoid). Ooooh, that sounds vaguely Pilgrim's Progressy! DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stellabean
    stellabean Member Posts: 307
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    DD I do hope this is a turn in the right direction and not your conditions satnav being on the blink and that you are going to leave Grot in your rear view mirror.So glad you feel a little better.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you my lovely, it's kind of you to reply. How are you getting on? DD
  • stellabean
    stellabean Member Posts: 307
    Options
    I am not too bad if you ignore the exhaustion, I dare not sit down for too long or I am asleep. I fell asleep the other afternoon while on the computer only woke up when my head hit the keyboard.
    My joints are still bad I am having an arthroscopy at the end of July on right knee hopefully that will sort it out as the left one is playing up now too it didn't want to be left out.
    I hope you continue on the right path.
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Good news, long may the positive progress continue!! m0150
  • SusiM
    SusiM Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Oh thats so good to hear DD. It feels so good when youve been crap for so long and things take a sudden turn. I hope things stay well for you :)
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thanks Susie, it's lovely to hear from you and I hope you are finding things at least a little easier.

Well, it's not quite a cul-de-sac but it may still be a dead-end. We had terrific thunderstorms last night which shook everything up so the first three waking hours this morning were spent blowing my nose: I've worked my way through 3/4 of a new toilet roll. :roll: Immuno-suppression? Wot flaming suppression? I have to hand it to my iffong body, it doesn't give up in its attempts to defeat me. :lol: DD
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    There is, of course, the risk that I have merely turned off the M1 of Grot into the cul-de-sac of False Hope (a destination I always do my best to avoid). Ooooh, that sounds vaguely Pilgrim's Progressy! DD

The cul-de-sac of False Hope can be a long, darkening route and I do hope you've not inadvertently entered it. While we're on Pilgrim's Progress, I do hope you also avoid the Slough of Despond. The hike to Mod Grot is a much more satisfying one and, who knows, you might even catch a brief glimpse of the Aurora of Summat Good.

You did not need the Thunderstorm of Nasal Eruption right now (or, indeed, any time) and I hope it passed quickly. My own nose has just started up in sympathy as Mr SW has returned from the golf course bearing pollens unlimited. I've just warned him that, if my sneezing continues, his trousers will have to come off. Time was when he'd have looked interested :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    I do hope you don't end up doubling back on yourself.
    I sympathise with the nasal happenings. I had an emergency dental appointment today and it was made much more difficult than would otherwise have been the case because my nose either sent snot down the back of my throat or bunged up, which meant stop/start ad infinitum/nauseum. Fortunately the dentist was a very patient kind girl.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ah yes Sticky, that well-known Slough of Despond which is (just to thoroughly mix authors) not too far from the Windsor of our Discontent. :)

Daffy, I am so sorry to read of your emergency appointment - I hope your tooth is feeling better and the nose behaving. We have more rain here, the air is a humid, putrid soup of natural filth and pollution as my tormentors seek to replicate their nasty selves. Waugh was right, Vile Bodies indeed. DD
  • SusiM
    SusiM Member Posts: 87
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Thanks Susie, it's lovely to hear from you and I hope you are finding things at least a little easier.

Well, it's not quite a cul-de-sac but it may still be a dead-end. We had terrific thunderstorms last night which shook everything up so the first three waking hours this morning were spent blowing my nose: I've worked my way through 3/4 of a new toilet roll. :roll: Immuno-suppression? Wot flaming suppression? I have to hand it to my iffong body, it doesn't give up in its attempts to defeat me. :lol: DD

Fantastic! The thunderstorm that is not your nose. I just love a good storm especially the lightning. An endlessly dripping nose not so good. Yes lm still getting used to that my body hates itself :? I remembered to politely back off the child next door with a cold when he wanted a hug. Im now super germs conscious.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I make it a point of principle to back away from children, they are germ factories of the first order and, like arthritis, do not come with an off switch. I remember one boy turning up for his lesson, throwing up all over my doorstep, and his mother being less than pleased that I asked her to take him away (she had other plans for the hour which I insisted on scuppering) (I'd loved to have known what they were!) :lol: He had told her he was feeling sick but she ignored him . . . .

It's a steep learning curve, Susie, but with auto-immune arthritis already in the family hopefully you can take some lessons from the affected members in both what and what not to do. There is always the possibility that you can advise them too - if they are old hands at dealing with things (like me) I know we sometimes forget the basics and/or are unaware that new developments in meds etc. are being made. Start watching people when you are out and about, those who sneeze all over the shopping on the conveyor belt, people who cough into a hand then use that hand to open a door, men coming out of the gents without the accompaniment of a whirring hand dryer then reach into the bar snacks . . . No wonder we need our immune systems but when they turn agin us it is a dangerous world. Healthy people are lazy people because they can be. Twerps. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've come to the conclusion that there is the possibility I am beginning to better tolerate the fake humira. Don't tell my rheumatologist. :wink: DD