Meltdown.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 22. Jun 2019, 11:33 in Living with arthritis
Bedroom french doors wide open. Bath towel on the bed and the pillow and me on them. Dry bath towels to hand as I soak. Nightdress shed and rivulets running down Dream 'The Body' Daisy. Him? In the sitting room in two fleeces, trackie bottoms hunkered down under a crocheted blanket.

I'm going into the garden. I will be some time.
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stellabean
    stellabean Member Posts: 307
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh DD I hope you managed to regain your cool at some point.It is at times like this I wonder if a chiller room is an option without ending up with an electric bill the size of a third world country's debt. I am thinking of solar or wind power maybe. I dread the heat.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you, Stella, at least I know why it's happening. It's a side effect of the imraldi, night sweats are listed and I'm 'enjoying' them. :roll: I've had hot flushes for years, both pre and post the menopause, so my best guess is its connected to either the fibro, the meds or both. Cooling down is much harder than warming up but being cold all the time is also miserable. We have metal garden chairs so sitting on those in turn was bliss!

I've made good inroads into today's toilet roll, my nose resembles not so much a tap as a burst water main. :lol: I am lunching with a friend today so my handbag will contain at least three flannels, one loo roll and a plastic bag for all the damp waste. My friend will proffer, without being asked, lots of well-meant but totally useless advice based on her total lack of experience in such matters because that is what she does. I love her to bits but give me strength . . . . DD
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    It may be your 'bad' (horrible use of language) but you do keep us amused DD, just a suggestion, have you tried a small fine water spray for limbs and face?

I have a mental image of you sitting in the garden dripping with torn tissues hanging from your glasses........
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm pleased my misery is entertaining! :lol: You have obviously been peering over the fence, Airwave! 'cos you're not far wrong. There is a funny side to everything and finding it can help one to cope better with the dross that is repeatedly thrown at one, yes?

I know that fibromyalgia can play havoc with the body's thermostat and as that is active at the moment I am in no doubt that is the culprit. Earlier today I was sitting outside, in the sun, huddled under a blanket because I was cold and he was just in shorts, basking. Pah! DD