It's the little things in life........

Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 22. Jun 2019, 14:23 in Living with arthritis
My back tooth split during early March, producing a dull ache, no emergency dates available, a long wait for the dentist has produced a date of late July for a filling. Arthur's always around but a blooming tooth that needs dealing with is the pits, it's the little things in life that matter, don't they know this?

With my uneven jaw wear I keep putting my jagged tooth through my tongue and cheek, agghhhhh!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You're absolutely right, Airwave. The little things can be very big and your 'little thing' sounds very nasty.

When our former dentist 'went private' we went with him. Peace of mind is everything and we did also take out a dental insurance plan. here, in Scotland, we find no need as our NHS dentist is very good and available if anything goes wrong. But, if necessary, I think private dental care is money well spent.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    is there an option with your dentist for you to take a cancellation appointment? Teeth cause a measure of discomfort which is in an absurd proportion to their teeny-tiny size. I am sorry, this is so un-necessary when you already have more than enough on your plate. Blasted bodies. :x DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    I was put on the cancellation list and spent time ringing as well, all to no avail. My pain is lesser than others pain.

Our dentist is supposed to be the highest paid dentist in the country, a figure of 2.5m was quoted by our local rag.
  • Marcia
    Marcia Member Posts: 84
    Hi Airwave
    I just wanted to ask was it possible for you to go to the hospital in regards to your tooth being broken?
    Sometimes in some Boroughs you can go to the hospital if an appointment is unavailable for you.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I hope you can get a cancellation ,have you tried ringing NHS direct they can usually get you an emergency dentist..
    Love
    Barbara