blessed peace

Options
stellabean
stellabean Member Posts: 307
edited 25. Jun 2019, 08:24 in Living with arthritis
Our very noisy neighbour has subjected us to over 6 hours of a very loud radio also on full bass. I just wanted to be able to sit in the garden no chance it was on in an outbuilding next to the dividing wall. It was so loud you could hear it in every room of our house even if the windows were shut.
I feel frazzled if I hadn't felt so exhausted I might have gone for a walk but it would have had to be a long one as his noise travels a long way around the village. He isn't the sort of person you can ask to turn it down either as he has threatened our lives more than once.
I just hope he hasn't gone to get drunk as that is usually when the dodo hits the fan. Here's hoping we have a quiet night, I almost feel as if I have gone deaf my ears feel weird.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Stela..no wonder you are frazzled , what on earth is wrong with people these days..
    I hope he gets that drunk he will fall asleep.. :x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've had my times of living next door to noisy people and the stress it places upon us is immense. Excess noise is a huge intrusion into our lives especially if we behave on the quieter end of the spectrum of social living. I am so sorry, I cannot think of anything useful to say or suggest. :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stellabean
    Options
    Thanks for your replies I just needed to vent. DD there is nothing to be done we have tried the council but they say it isn't regular enough. It has one on for over 27 years he has periods of childish behaviour. We have been subjected to periods of sleep deprivation with him banging around in the middle of the night, fireworks through the door,damage to our property the list goes on. His aim to make us move as we stood up to his family's behaviour and then the rest of the dale started to. Their lives changed the hardest problem was getting the police to do something about his threats as some of them had gone to school with him. Now I make a note of their numbers and keep a log I would have to declare the problems if I tried to sell but I love my home.
    It is quiet for now but he and his partner are drinking so they will no doubt have a noisy argument in the early hours. There are some new people in a house not too far away who are retired police from another area who are not impressed with the noise so he better watch himself. At least he is working at the moment so it is only bad in the evenings and at weekends.My bed is calling so goodnight all.SB
  • stellabean
    Options
    Apart from some door slamming and shouting at 1.30 all was quiet. I am going to enjoy the quiet morning until he starts up this afternoon.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Early this morning we had a neighbour's druggy son and doped-up friends firing an air rifle at our house; the Spouse heard the ping of the pellets on the windows and saw them from our stairs. He yelled at them but they couldn't respond coherently due to being heavily under the influence. We're used to them being up all night and chopping wood for their fire in the very early hours but this is a step-up (or back, or down) in their anti-social behaviour. Mr DD told the mother that if it happens again he will call the police. Mother was blissfully unaware that son had friends round let alone they were playing with an air rifle.

I've enough things affecting the quality of my life and don't need more. I wonder where respect for others has gone? He is of the type to demand it as one of his 'ooman roights' but sees no need to respect the rights of others. Mr DD said he and his mates reminded him of Kevin and Perry and, although not a violent man, felt very tempted to knock some sense into their marijuana-thickened heads. DD
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    DD was it an air rifle or a pellet gun? If the former then it is a police matter already as I understand it. This link
    https://basc.org.uk/airgunning/advice/basc-air-rifle-code-of-practice/
    contains the following:-
    Trespassing
    Intentionally going on to private land, or water, where you do not have permission is trespassing, and if you are carrying an air rifle it becomes armed trespass. Whether the gun is loaded or not, or whether you are carrying pellets, is irrelevant – armed trespass is a serious criminal offence carrying heavy penalties.

Only shoot where you have the permission of the landowner or tenant.

Firing pellets beyond your boundary
    It is an offence to fire an air rifle pellet beyond the land where you have permission to shoot, unless the person holding the shooting rights of the neighbouring land has given you permission. Where someone under 14 is shooting, both the young person and the supervising adult can be prosecuted.

It is also against the law to discharge any firearm (including air rifles) within 50 feet of the centre of a highway (which consists of or comprises a carriageway) IF in consequence a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered. These offences could be committed, for example, when someone is shooting in their garden close to a public highway and the pellets ricochet onto the highway injuring someone.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Daffy, yet again you astound me: I doubt this was information at your fingertips and thank you for being so thorough in your research. I don't want us to get involved with this young man or his parent (a local councillor) so should there be a repeat we will go straight to the police. It was an air rifle, being fired randomly without any consent (or concern). I won't be resting too easily tonight, I've cleared the window sill of its ornaments. DD
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Well the detail may not have been instantly accessible in my memory but thanks in the past to ex and son(and their legitimate activities), I have some inkling of the matter, and sadly had to gen up on it more recently when the boy child of the(now thankfully moved) troublesome neighbours started playing with an air rifle. Fortunately the authorities became involved(through school!) before I had to take the plunge and speak to the police.
    I do hope the matter can be resolved quickly and satisfactorily for you. The fact that a parent is a local councillor might work in your favour - constituents and colleagues are unlikely to be tolerant of firearms misdemeanors.