Getting the right support

Marcia
Marcia Member Posts: 84
edited 6. Jul 2019, 15:32 in Work and financial support
Hi everyone
I had a look at getting the right support at work.
I work as Family Support Worker and I have been in my new job going 17 months after 30 years plus of looking for a full time permanent job. I havery had 3 Managers in that time and another one due to start and 15 people have left during that time.
When I am feeling low, down and stress my relatives, colleagues and Manager are not supportive. I don't have a partner and friends just don't want to hear what I have to say and sad to say but friends I don't have. I find that I can express myself on the forum and find information and vice that us very helpful for me.
I do say how I am feeling in my Supervision and sometimes it's frustration because when I started this job I was moving around more and going up and down the stairs now I have to adapt and make things easier for myself at my own pace.
My employer has put in for the OT to see me when that will be is another story.

I help myself by going for walks, the hydropool and I am yet to use the gym to do cycling. I read a book or listen to music on my way to work. I do like watching Drama and its been a long time since I have been to the Cinema.
As a lone worker it has been very hard for me and the Managers I have or had does not seem to know what my role is which is a shame and the person I took over from I ever met and my Job Description was typed up by the person who left.
It is really difficult working in a prison and this is one of the reasons why I am trying to better my self with on