Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Movies and blankets

stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,993 ✭✭✭
edited 21. Jul 2019, 07:50 in Chit-chat
I don't get it. Mind you, I'm not a big movie fan but I see so many people who, when watching, seem to require a blanket. That includes my Californian grandson who normally only dons a shirt when going out.

Last night our other, Scottish, grandson was staying and, clad in his fleecy dressing gown (I was lathered in just a thin shirt) asked for a blanket in order to watch TV.

Why :?
“There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken

Comments

• bubblesbubbles Posts: 6,508
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    :lol: No idea at all Sticky. Maybe a throwback to a comfort blanket, :? in case it is a slightly scary movie.

The thoughts of having anything near me, that is fleecy, is horrifying, unless in the depths of winter.

Popcorn and chocolates, now they would be an essential :D:D
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,906 ✭✭
    Now I was thinking the same, my youngest GD has one whatever the weather..think its a comfort thing and some of us grow out of it.. :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,993 ✭✭✭
    bubbles wrote:
    Popcorn and chocolates, now they would be an essential :D:D

PLEASE, Aidan, may I watch movies at your house :lol: Actually, we could just skip the movies and watch the popcorn and chocolate instead :wink:

Barbara, maybe you're right but the heat :shock: Especially at this time of year. I'm chucking everything off when I'm in bed at night never mind on the sofa during the day :lol:
    “There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken
  • bubblesbubbles Posts: 6,508
    Absolutely Sticky, forget the movies, we will just eat chocolates and popcorn. I am sure Barbara will join us. Cup of T, some nibbles, cool breeze, perfect. :D:D
    No fleecy blankets required.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    Similarly, why do supposedly adult people cuddle cushions? DD

PS. Popcorn? Salted every time.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2daffy2 Posts: 1,713
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Similarly, why do supposedly adult people cuddle cushions? DD

PS. Popcorn? Salted every time.

Something to anchor hands that aren't fiddling with a phone?
    Easy care pet (since cuddling a dog or cat seems to be an alternative)?
  • Airwave!Airwave! Posts: 2,427 ✭✭
    The comfort blanket thing has more to do with our (grown up) children, as do pizza deliveries, boxsets, media, a b c d celebs, love island and all the other mindless cr£& on tv.

In my day........