Knee pain

Options
Daisymae
Daisymae Member Posts: 50
edited 13. Jul 2019, 15:25 in Living with arthritis
My knee is not nearly as painful as it used to be, but when I walk it feels like something is catching, I did have a cartilage tear. Whilst on holiday I walked quite a lot, but by the evening I began to suffer. I was unable to go out in the evening if I walked a lot in the day, it's not so much pain, more like a stiffness and discomfort

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    To me this sounds like typical OA. We do too much: we pay the price. It's an unfortunate fact but, if you're worried it might be something other than OA, do check with your GP. I hope you had a good holiday despite it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    To me this sounds typical of knee OA. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Daisymae
    Daisymae Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, just keep thinking it will clear up and I will be walking as I used to do it's hard to come to terms with.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I cannot remember if you have been diagnosed or not but if it is osteoarthritis then it isn't going to go away. The only way it might is if it stays in the one knee and, when a certain point of damage is achieved, it is replaced. That can take years to reach and even then if you're deemed too young surgery is not guaranteed: that happened to me when I was 52 which I didn't think was young. :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben