Newbie to the forum

AnnieRose
AnnieRose Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Thought I’d say hello, diagnosed with RA and OA about 3 years ago. Had a bad 12 months with flare ups and getting meds sorted. Was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia in Feb this year.
Have good days, not so good day and sh*@ days but mustn’t grumble. Still managing to work as a classroom assistant in a year 1 class...my little people are lovely.

Was recommended to the site by my Mum who also has Arthur Daily.

Looking forward to making new friends and sharing experiences with others and also seeing the humorous side of the whole thing.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi AnnieRose, welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear you have had a difficult 12 months but please know you have come to the right place. Dealing with multiple problems at once can be overwhelming but it sounds as though you have a positive attitude and good family support.

Managing multiple conditions and a class of year ones - I admire your patience!

I have included some links below from the Versus Arthritis website which you may find useful.

Osteoarthritis:
    https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/osteoarthritis/

Rheumatoid Arthritis:
    https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/rheumatoid-arthritis/

Fibromyalgia:
    https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/fibromyalgia/

I am sure our members will soon jump in and share their experiences with you.

Please feel free to join in any of the forums.

Best Wishes,
    Alice
  • Jackie47
    Jackie47 Member Posts: 108
    Hi AnnieRose. Welcome. I too have the same as you but going on 14 years and a few since Fibro was diagnosed as secondary to RA. You see it likes to tag along. Some days I don’t know where one starts and the other stops.its great you are still working. Lots of issues with meds,joints but hey ho that’s life but it gets you down. On a positive note my family are very supportive. You are amongst like minded helpful friends here so let us know how you are getting on.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello, I began psoriatic arthritis back in 1997 when I was 37, OA was diagnosed in 2011 and then fibromyalgia shortly after. When I was working I was self-employed which helped in some ways but it came as a relief to stop. I remain grateful to this day that my working days are done.

For my PsA I take injecged methotrexate and imraldi (soon swapping back to humira) and for the OA pain relief, suitsble exercise and rest. I began with one joint, now it's around forty so it's a lot to cope with. I manage though, aided by a small daily dose of an anti-depressant.

I hope you find the forum to be of interest, we all get it because we've all got it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben