Hello

Options
ravenclawpixierose92
ravenclawpixierose92 Member Posts: 2
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:04 in Living with arthritis
Hi, I'm used to being on forums just not ones like this.

I am 27, have been suffering since I was 16 and have only recently been diagnosed with seronegarive inflammatory arthritis.. now that kind of confuses me as to what it is exactly. I grew up with my older sister suffering from juvenile idiopathic arthritis so being around arthritis and all that comes with treatments isn't so new to me, just that this time it is me and not her.

I'm getting medication today and I think I know what I'm going to choose but I keep flip-flop ping between the two.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi ravenclawpixierose92,

Lovely to meet you, welcome to the forum. It is totally different being a family member of someone with inflammatory arthritis and actually having it, no wonder you are confused but hopefully it’s given you a bit more knowledge about what’s going on and what can be done about it.

Here’s our booklet about rheumatoid arthritis -you have the seronegative type of this

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/rheumatoid-arthritis/

Let us know which medication you choose and ask any questions you need to - we are here to help.

Take care
    Yvonne x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi there and welcome. As Yvonne says, it's very different when it's you. I guess it's a bit like driving down familiar roads after passing one's test. We might have been down them every day for years but suddenly they all look different as we're looking for and at different things.

I'm sorry you've had to join our creaky gang but I hope we can help. I think most forms of inflammatory arthritis are sero-positive but not all. Even RA can occasionally be sero-negative especially in the early stages. Yes, it can sometimes change too from one to the other. It's a devious little beast.

It think, with meds, it's just a matter of finding one that suits you. Some suit one person and some another. I've been on methotrexate for years and it's great for me.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright